The night before a big exam, you may find yourself relying on caffeine sources like coffee or energy drinks for studying. We’ve all been there — pulling an all-nighter to ace the test in the morning, running on nothing but caffeine and convenience food.
When you’re under immense pressure and need to boost your alertness, attention, and cognition, fueling your mind and body with the right energy source is paramount. When reaching for the best energy drink for studying, a natural energy drink is likely your best bet. Natural energy drinks powered by plant extracts and antioxidants may be the healthier choice for students who need a reliable source of fuel and stimulation.
What is the Best Caffeine for Studying?
People turn to caffeine for various reasons. Caffeine for studying differs greatly from caffeine for athletic training, for example. While your physical energy levels are always important, caffeinated energy drinks can help you focus on mental labor like studying, working, and other tasks that are heavy on cognition.
Natural sources of caffeine, such as green coffee caffeine and guarana extract, may be the best caffeine for studying since they can help improve your ability to focus. The best energy drink for studying is one that contains the right balance of natural ingredients that sharpen your mental clarity. When your mind is clear, you are more receptive to the information in your studying materials. This boost of concentration comes in handy when you need to buckle down and cram for finals.
Does Caffeine Help With Studying?
Caffeine is associated with both physical and mental properties that may help with mentally draining tasks like studying. Studies have shown that there is a positive correlation between energy drink consumption and cognitive function.
A study published in Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behavior found that performing attention-based tasks were improved in caffeine consumers. Caffeine was found to enhance executive control and working memory as well as reduce choice and reaction time. The study also reported reduced fatigue and improved cognitive performance.
This means that students may be able to get more work done in a shorter amount of time when they harness the mentally stimulating effects of caffeine. Students who utilize caffeine, such as by consuming natural energy drinks, may also be able to study for longer periods of time due to their increased energy levels. Since they are more alert during prolonged periods of studying, students may even retain the information they are studying better.
Can Energy Drinks Help Me Focus?
One issue that a lot of tired students face when trying to study is the inability to focus. Researchers have hypothesized that the average person’s attention span is slowly declining, making it nearly impossible to focus on studying materials for an uninterrupted period of time. A survey by Microsoft suggests that the average human attention span is down to about eight seconds, which is less than that of a goldfish.
Capitalizing on natural ingredients that increase a student’s ability to pay attention may just be the answer to losing focus when studying, writing a term paper, or listening to a lengthy lecture. If you’re wondering whether energy drinks can help you focus, the research is promising.
In a review of the psychological effects of energy drinks, several studies were gathered to assess the data. Researchers found that the cognitive performance benefits of energy drinks — including improved attention, memory, and recall — came down to the ingredients. Notable ingredients associated with these mental benefits include caffeine, ginseng, and ginkgo biloba.
Consuming natural energy drinks with these key ingredients may help students improve their focus when studying. Improved memory and recall may be especially helpful to students studying for an important exam.
Energy Drink Ingredients for Focus
There are many energy drinks on the market, so it can be difficult to know which is the best energy drink for studying. These natural energy drink ingredients are associated with physical benefits like increased physical energy as well as cognitive improvements like increased focus, clarity, attention, and memory.
- Green coffee caffeine is a natural source of energy-boosting caffeine and antioxidants. This natural ingredient helps fight off fatigue when you’re up late cramming for the big test. It also has all the cognitive performance benefits of regular caffeine, ideal for college students who need help focusing.
- Guarana extract is a natural plant extract that has been traditionally used for many medicinal purposes. It has the highest amount of caffeine in any plant, so it is a powerhouse for energy levels.
- Ginkgo biloba is another type of plant that is rich in various types of antioxidants, which are beneficial for overall health. For the best energy drink for studying that also has other beneficial properties, look for one that contains ginkgo biloba.
- Ginseng is a root that has long been used in herbal remedies and medicinal treatments. It helps reduce inflammation, improve immune health, and improve brain function. To support overall wellbeing and support cognition, combine natural ingredients like ginseng with caffeine to get the most out of your studies.
- Hemp CBD is a THC-free source of natural cannabidiol chemicals that are associated with positive mental benefits like reduced anxiety, increased cognition, and more. Since college students may experience greater stress levels, hemp CBD drinks may help calm those worries and make studying a more efficient process.
What is the Best Energy Drink for Studying?
“Brain food” is a term coined to describe foods that are good for the mind. Healthline even mentions coffee at the top of their list of the best foods for boosted brain function and memory since it is a natural source of caffeine and antioxidants.
Science has confirmed that what you eat and drink can impact your cognitive function, which is something we rely on for nearly every second of the day. If you are a busy college student, making a more natural selection when it comes to your food and drink may have a noticeable impact on your mental clarity when studying.
One way to reap the benefits of caffeine for studying is to opt for natural energy drinks instead of conventional ones. Gorilla Hemp natural energy drinks are made with natural sources of caffeine that are potent enough to power through an intense studying session but gentle enough to prevent jitters and crashes. Plus, they’re packed with other beneficial ingredients like antioxidant-rich plant extracts.